CPD23: My Things
My progress through 23 Things for Professional Development (CPD23)
Here is a list of links to my completed CPD23 Things. You can visit the CPD23 blog and see a list of all the Things here. Links to my posts will be added as each is completed.
- Thing 1: Create your own blog, write about what you hope to get out of the programme.
- Thing 2: Explore other blogs and get to know some of the other participants.
- Thing 3: Consider your personal brand.
- Thing 4: RSS feeds, Twitter, Pushnote.
- Thing 5: Reflective practice.
- Thing 6: Online networks (LinkedIn, Facebook, LISNPN, LATNetwork, CILIP Communities).
- Thing 7: National and regional groups, special interest groups and looking outside the library sphere.
- Thing 8: Organising yourself: Google Calendar.
- Thing 9: Organising yourself: Evernote.
- Thing 10: Librarianship training options: Graduate traineeships, Masters degrees, Chartership or Certification, Accreditation.
- Thing 11: Mentoring
- Thing 12: Putting the social into social media.
- Thing 13: Filesharing/Collaboration: Google Docs, Wikis & Dropbox.
- Thing 14: Organising your references: Zotero, Mendeley and Citeulike
- Thing 15: Getting involved: Attending, presenting at and organising seminars, conferences and other events.
- Thing 16: Getting involved: Advocacy, speaking up for the profession and getting published.
- Activism, or how Hertfordshire is heading towards the community library
- The Library Campaign conference - from local to national
- Thing 17: Presenting information: Prezi, data visualisation and slideshare
- Thing 18: Presenting information: Jing, screen capture and podcasts (making and following them).
- Thing 19: Some time to think about how you might integrate the Things so far into your workflow and routines.
- Thing 20: Careers: Library Day in the Life and Library Routes/Roots.
- Thing 21: How to identify your strengths, how to capitalise on your interests, how to write something eyecatching that meets job specs.
- Thing 22: Careers: Volunteering to get experience.
- Heritage Open Days: A critical view
- Thing 23: What have you learnt and where do you want to go from here?